Thank you so much to Alina who nominated me for this award!! She’s so sweet and her blog is really great so I highly reccomend checking it out! I’m honored that you would consider me for this and I can’t say how grateful I am to have the opportunity to participate in and promote some interaction in the online writing community!
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your 11 nominees
When did you start blogging?
I started blogging a little over a year ago on tumblr! I’d just graduated high school and wanted to do something fun and productive with my summer before going to college so I started my writeblr and the rest is history. I started this website/blog this August after finishing the manuscript for Storge! Finally completing that first draft was a massive confidience booster that helped me take a big step into more formally promoting my writing.
What is one extreme sport that you’d like to try?
I’ve swam for years so I’d like to try scuba diving! Does that count as an extreme sport? That and skiing and mountain climbing. I enjoy individual and outdoors sports a lot.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully I’ll have graduated college with a chemical engineering degree and have a stable first job within a few months! I’m not sure where the career will take me quite yet, but I’m going to be continuing to write and build my author’s platform in the meantime as I get my footing in the real world of being an independent adult.
What’s something new you want to try?
There’s a really cool group of people called the Renegade Bindery that collects recources and tips on how to bind books – specifically fanfiction – at home. I’d love to bind a fic for one of my good friends when I have the time/money for materials/equipment.
What is one fruit/vegetable which you certainly do not like?
I’m not a fan of olives, they’re usually too salty for me to eat without choking down a gallon of water. They’re fine in dishes and on pizza though.
Who’s someone you look up to?
I’m going to answer a few different people for different aspects of this question if that’s ok!
– My go-to answer for this question is usually St. Catherine of Alexandria, my confirmation saint! She has an incredible story which I reccomend checking out, and I try to emulate her actions and her Faith in my day to day life. I also really admire da Vinci for how he dedicated himself to studying the world and finding the beauty in science. I often pick up new hobbies in an attempt to learn as much as possible and follow that example of never not learning.
-For writing inspirations, like any self-respecting fantasy author and Catholic nerd, I have a massive respect for J.R.R. Tolkien’s work! I also love Madeline L’Engle’s Time Quintet and Lloyd Alexander’s Chronicles of Prydain!
What sport do you wish you were good at?
Running! I did swim team for years so you’d think I’d have good cardio and endurance but whether it’s track and field or cross country, I’ve never been able to keep up very well whenever I’m on land.
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Probably cookies and cream or something chocolate and fudgy unless I’m having fall deserts like pumpking pie and apple crisp. Then butter pecan and vanilla are best.
Would you rather be the protagonist or the antagonist in your favorite movie/book?
Can I opt to be the sarcastic sidekick instead? I’d be happy being one of the protagonists in The Princess Bride though!
What is one subject that you studied/are studying that you despise?
I hated both the math classes I’ve taken in college (Calc III and Linear Algebra) but I don’t know if that’s an instance of “difficult professor + COVID” or if I just genuinely hated the subject. Currently, I don’t like accounting very much. It’s an imporant subject and I understand that someone has to do it, but it’s best for someone who’s very linear-thinking and detail oriented and that person is not me.
What is your favorite sauce?
This is such an interesting open ended question! Condiment? I’m not sure…do those count as sauces? Probably ketchup in that case. For pasta, alfredo is my favorite.
- Max Gray
- Tim McLaughlin (and his story Tall Tales)
- Katelynn E Koontz
- Rachel Garcia
- What’s your favorite part about the writing community?
- Do you prefer writing dialouge or description, and why?
- Do you have any creative hobbies outside of writing, and how did you get into them?
- When was the last time you had a good night’s sleep?
- Are you reading/watching/listening to anything right now that you’re excited about?
- What’s your favorite youtube channel?
- What writing advice would you give your younger self?
- What’s your opinon on color coding?
- Is there a specific theme or aesthetic that underlies all your stories?
- How many WIPs do you have?
- What’s your wildest dream as a creator? (for example, do you want to see fanart of your ocs, have a movie made of your book, etc?)
Thank you again Alina for nominating me! This was a lot of fun and I’m looking foward to meeting more people in the community. I’m always happy to work with other writers, so feel free to reach out if you have any ideas for this blog. Take care, and happy writing! 🙂